3.21.2011

An Archi's Tale

As family members and friends start heading to bed; the architectural student continues to slave away at his task. You often try to find a purpose for it all. It must pay off at the end right? But what if it doesn't?. There are no guarantees to where we will end up or who we will ultimately become. Who even knows how much longer we will get to enjoy ourselves on this earth. (2012 is just around the corner ya'll!!!) So is it worth it?


If I was given a penny for every time I heard a professor and/or adult say, "this is the most important time of your life or put everything else aside and only focus on school", I'd be rich - or at least a big part of my tuition would be paid off. I mean, they must be right. They've been around; they have real world experience so I guess I should probably listen to them then. Maybe I'll say goodbye to my friends and family for now and continue on drawing and re-drawing and then re-drawing again. While everyone is either out enjoying themselves or getting a good nights rest, some of us are still up. Up working on assignments.

Cause you know what they say, "It will all be worth it in the end!"

Anyways, I needed a break so below are a few photos for your viewing pleasure that I took around my school, the Illinois Institute of Technology, where I am in my first year, second semester of graduate school. 

Just one more year I tell myself....back to the real world I want to go again! 
Back to where I belong. 

1st year P3 student section
Full scale room mock-up in colored tape
Rock got cold. 
Student dorms designed by Helmut Jahn (a former IIT student)
In my opinion, the best time to view a train station is at night. 
The glass box - lit 24/7

4 comments:

Wendy Michelle said...

Nice pics, keep working hard Mr. C, we'll make it!

Trav said...

Gettin' aah-tistic with the train pic. Keep in goin' man. You're not the only one doin' WORK at dawn! Stay up!

Unknown said...

I'm up, I'm up Trav! It's a good thing I enjoy what I do. Wendy, if we don't make it, it'll be all your fault!

Abraham Mora said...

Cool pics! It'll be worth it in the end Connie...though there never really is an end. I find you're last comment interesting. Maybe it's because we waited a little to go back to school, but in my case I find myself bringing in the real world into my academic work.

Post a Comment